Gaspode

Re: Promotions

Post by Gaspode » 16 Nov 2019, 03:11

Well done father
Squadron Leader John (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool » 16 Nov 2019, 12:20

Thanks! Was a pleasure to fly with Mutley despite the internet issues we had. All good fun!
Pilot Officer Cavan "Father Cool" Millward
RAFairUK - XI (F) squadron

Ian Robson

Post by Ian Robson » 16 Nov 2019, 15:43

Congratulations!!
Pilot Officer Ian Robson - RAF Air UK (ATCO)

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool » 16 Nov 2019, 23:27

Father Cool wrote:
16 Nov 2019, 12:20
Thanks! Was a pleasure to fly with Mutley despite the internet issues we had. All good fun!
I believe I have gotten to the bottom of my internet issue. Its seems that for some reason I was getting a ping spike of around 2600mS every 10 seconds which was causing wierd rubberbanding and locational issues on the server. Turns out it is due to the WiFi dongle in the PC polling for the network every 10 seconds in order to find a better signal. Of course that means a lag spike every 10 seconds and hence rubberbanding etc.

I have found a way to disable the WiFi autosearch through the command window which stops the issue. I have to turn it off each time I play online but turn it back on again after so that it can find the network again the next time I turn the pc on but its a necessary evil which will hopefully solve the issue next time I am online.

Just thought it may be useful info if anyone else has similar issues.

Regards
FC

Gaspode

Post by Gaspode » 17 Nov 2019, 08:07

Father Cool wrote:
16 Nov 2019, 23:27
Father Cool wrote:
16 Nov 2019, 12:20
I believe I have gotten to the bottom of my internet issue. Its seems that for some reason I was getting a ping spike of around 2600mS every 10 seconds which was causing wierd rubberbanding and locational issues on the server. Turns out it is due to the WiFi dongle in the PC polling for the network every 10 seconds in order to find a better signal. Of course that means a lag spike every 10 seconds and hence rubberbanding etc.

I have found a way to disable the WiFi autosearch through the command window which stops the issue. I have to turn it off each time I play online but turn it back on again after so that it can find the network again the next time I turn the pc on but its a necessary evil which will hopefully solve the issue next time I am online.

Just thought it may be useful info if anyone else has similar issues.

Regards
FC
if you have a keyboard capable of macros then its brilliant for that
Squadron Leader John (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool » 17 Nov 2019, 09:54

I found a little bat file that does it for you. You just have to run it and make a couple of selections.

No idea why some pcs do this and some don't but there you go. Its a known issue.

Return to “Promotions & Achievements”